- Machine stitching, some serger experience.
- Hand stitching (closures, basting, gathering, hand rolled hems, slip stitching, tacking)
- Minor pattern drafting experience
- Furniture Reupholstery
- Theatre directing and facilitating
- First Aid/CPR-C
Costume Designer, Flare Path, Slamming Door Collective, Directed by Genevieve Fleming, Vancouver BC, October 2016.
Designer's Assistant: Set Builder, Land of Trash, Green Thumb Theatre, Set Designer: Cameron Fraser, Vancouver, BC, September 2016.
Assistant Designer/Set Supervisor, Bella Ciao!, Indie Feature Film, Commercial Drive Productions, Vancouver BC, May June 2016
Designer’s Assistant/ Stitcher, Twelfth Night Trinity Western University, Costume Designer: Christopher David Gauthier, Langley, BC. March 2016.
- Altered costumes based upon designer’s specifications, including: resizing costumes, adding and removing trim, facing garments with new fabric, repairing tears etc.
Wardrobe Day Prep, Kooza, Cirque Du Soleil: Local Hire, Vancouver BC, October- December 2015.
- Daily maintenance of costume collection including laundering/ironing/steaming
- Routine safety/quality integrity checks on all garments
- Basic repairs mostly consisting of hand sewing techniques
- Organization and distribution of artist’s personal laundry
- Setup/teardown/maintenance and organization of temporary wardrobe department
Designer’s Assistant, A Doll’s House, Slamming Door Collective, Costume Designer: Christopher David Gauthier, Vancouver, BC. October 2015.
Costume/Set Designer, Another Shot, star star Theatre/Shift One Act Festival, Directed by Mika Laulainen, Vancouver BC, June 2015.
Costume Designer, The Graduate, Metro Theatre, Directed by Judi Price, Vancouver BC, May 2015.
Wardrobe Supervisor, Inside by Daniel MacIvor, Directed by David Ferry. Phoenix Theatre, University of Victoria, March 2011.
- Interviewed, hired, and trained dressing team. Developed dresser assignments and routine.
- Generated costume plot and maintenance schedule
- Coordinated Strike.
Dresser, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, Directed by Brian Richmond. Phoenix Theatre, University of Victoria, November 2009
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Theatre , University of Victoria 2013
- Specialized in costume construction for production component of degree
- Assisted with construction for shows in production
- Built mock-up of original designs. Drafted and fit pattern from measurements.
- Supervised first year students in costume shop
- Studied history of costume from Antiquity through 20th century with Mary Kerr
Introduction to Sewing: Level 2, October- December 2015, Continuing Studies at Vancouver Community College
- Refresher course with emphasis on using industrial machines
- Built button down shirt with stand collar on yoke, from commercial pattern.
Level One: Furniture Reupholstery March-April 2016, Upholstery Couture with Martina Voss, Parker St Studios, Vancouver, BC.
- Rebuilt ottoman cushion. Stripped down to wood frame, re-stained, added webbing, foam, shaped cushion and sewed outer fabric shell.
Level Two: Furniture Reupholstery October-November 2016, Upholstery Couture with Martina Voss, Parker St Studios, Vancouver, BC.
- Rebuilding mid century chair. Expanding on skills developed in Level One.
Other Work Experience
Bartender/Assistant Manager Strange Fellows Brewery, Vancouver BC, December 2014- Present
- Assistant manager in craft brewery tasting room. Demonstrate extensive product knowledge to customers. Manage labour, uphold customer service standard and legal obligations for checking ID.
Program Coordinator Writer’s Room at Queen Alexandra Elementary, Vancouver, BC, October 2014- June 2015
- Writer’s Room offers a free after school literacy program to inner city kids. Liaised with teachers, parents, volunteers, and parent organization to create a positive learning experience for 10-15 kids daily. Behavior management, supervising volunteers, supply inventory, leading team meetings, and record keeping for annual progress reports.